Merpati Putih (White Dove) popularly renown martial arts amongst hundreds of different traditional martial arts schools in Indonesia. The spirit and knowledge of this art traditions have come from the Prince Amangkurat of the Mataram Kingdom in the 17th century in Kartosuro, in central Java. From over centuries, this knowledge has passed on from one generation to others and restricted to family members only.
When Rd. Saring Poernomo Hadi (the 10th heir) inherited this art, he mandated his two sons, Poerwoto Hadi Poernomo (often called Mas Poeng) and Budi Santoso Hadi Poernomo (often called Mas Budi) to teach and develop this great heritage to the public all over of the nation. On April 12, 1963, the Merpati Putih Organisation was established in Yogyakarta.
Mas Poeng and Mas Budi - the Grand Master
Merpati Putih Australia Inc. registered in Victoria, August 2013 as a Non for Profit organisation. Merpati Putih Australia is the principal organisation for Australia, appointed by Grand Master, Poerwoto Hadi Poernomo (Mas Poeng), Mas Emir Indonesian Consule General Melbourne and the Heirs, Nehemia Budi Setyawan (Mas Hemi) from Merpati Putih Indonesia.
Mas Emir - Mas Poeng
- To contributes to the development of moral, cultural and humanitarian values.
- Participating in the development of physical and mental health, based on traditional teachings.
- Preserve cultural traditions in general.
- To promote MP Programs to schools, universities, sports and communities in general.
- Free Training Program for the Visually Impaired student as a contribution to humanitarian values.
- Australian – Indonesian cultural exchange.